Having a Disability is difficult enough—disability without income is even more difficult. Disability income replacement insurance is a long-term solution to a long-term disability. What are the sources of income when someone becomes disabled and can no longer earn a living?
- Savings: If you save 10% annually, one year of disability may wipe out 10 years of savings.
- Social Security: Almost 70% of applicants are rejected.*
- Sell investments: Will you get the true value?
- Loan: Without an income, who will lend you money?
- Family, friends, and charity: Do you want to depend on them?
* Source: Social Security Administration
When a disability occurs, most other options, except insured income replacement, may be unsatisfactory or quickly exhausted.
Myerson Wealth believes in protecting your most valuable financial asset. While this may appear to be your home or other assets, your most significant asset is your ability to earn a living—everything else pales in significance. Not only can you expect expenses go up due to medical and social costs associated with a disability, but income either goes down or ceases altogether. We can create a Disability Insurance Plan that is tailored to your earnings from employment, your risk tolerance and your financial resources.